Like peanut butter and chocolate, sometimes two great thing get even better when combined. Sunday, Feb 10th, enjoy the chance to experience the great trails of Beaver Dam and New Light as a one of a kind race. (Register here: http://meetu.ps/vwKPR)
The field is capped at 100 and there will be NO day of race registration, so get your entry in ASAP.
To follow is a description of the BD & NL Challenge Race Course.
The race will be staged from the parking lot in Beaver Dam nearest to the trail head. Racers will ride Beaver Dam’s Outer Loop and West Loop in a counterclockwise directions. Racers will exit the Beaver Dam park and ride over to New Light via Creedmore Rd and Old Weaver Trail. Racers will do a lap of New Light in a counterclockwise direction. Racers will return via the same roads to Beaver Dam to ride the South Loop.
Please note, due to difficulty in marking the course, we will not be using Beaver Dam’s
- Inner Loop
- Drop Zone part of the South Loop
Maps are attached below.
Also, as described on Meetup, there are several Event Rules that will be strictly enforced.
- All racers MUST burn a red tail light while on the road section of the course.
- Racers must demonstrate they have a working red tail light at registration.
- All racers must follow all traffic regulations while on the road section of the course. (There will be NO traffic control.)
- All dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Portable music (MP3, IPOD, Smart Phone, bla, bla, bla, etc.) players are forbidden.
- Pack out your own trash.